How we collect information:
The following is a brief description of the types of information we collect and how we use it.
- If you are a Care Facility and sign up for an account with CareHomessDirect.com, we may ask you for certain personal information including but not limited to; first and last name, birthdate, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history, ethnicity, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, work experience, salary/income, professional license numbers, education, interests, hobbies, professional and personal references, photos and video, professional skills and abilities, life style information, schedule availability, music preferences and bank information to facilitate automatic billing. We may combine the Personal Data you provide us with other third party information to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- If you are a Care Seeker, when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birthdate, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, care services needed, your location, health conditions, activities, profile picture, interests, music preferences and credit card information to facilitate possible payment processing. We may combine the Personal Data you provide us with other third party information to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- If you are a Member other than a Care Provider or Care Seeker, such as a family member or healthcare provider, when you create an account to log in to our Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, birthdate, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history, ethnicity, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, work experience, salary/income, professional license numbers, education, interests, hobbies, professional and personal references, profile picture, professional skills and abilities, life style information, schedule availability, location, music preferences, care services needed or provided, health conditions and credit card information for possible payment processing. We may combine the Personal Data you provide us with other third party information to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. When you visit our Site, our servers automatically record certain technical information about your visit, such as the URL you requested, your interaction with a Service, your internet protocol address, your browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and the information contained in one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account and store them in files. We do link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
If you use our Site to communicate with us, we may retain those communications to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We will use your email address to send newsletters to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you can unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each e-mail. The information you provide may be used to provide you services based on the medical conditions you or your loved ones has. In addition to the policies stated here, any medical information we collect is protected by HIPAA. In addition to the uses of specific information described above, we may use information you provide us to provide, maintain, protect, or improve our services, and develop new services; or to protect our rights or property or the rights or property of our users. If we use your information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, we will notify you.
Information collected from others about you: Other users may provide us Personal and/or Non- Personal Data about you through our Site or the Services. Examples include when a Care Seeker posts feedback regarding a Care Provider or when another Member (including a Care Seeker’s healthcare provider) submits health information to CareHomesDirect.com website.
Information collected from third party companies: We may receive Personal and/or Non-Personal Data about you from companies that assist CareHomessDirect.com in providing our services or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with your Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to provide and improve the Services.
How we use your Information:
In general, the Personal Data we collect is used to improve our Services and enhance your experience with CareHomesDirect.com. It also enables us to provide a safer community for all our Members and Visitors and helps us communicate with you. For example, we may use your Personal Data to:
- Register and service your account.
- Provide you Care Provider profiles.
- Contact you in response to questions and solicit feedback and input from you.
- Enable Care Seekers and Care Providers to search based on the Personal Data the other has made available on the Site, and the information others have provided about them.
- Connect Care Seekers with Care Providers that appear to meet their needs and preferences.
- Enable Members to search for, find, interact, connect and share information with other Members they may have an interest in interacting with.
- Enable Members who connect to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook to see which of their Facebook friends have connected to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook or friends with other Members who have connected to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook.
- Otherwise help protect the safety and integrity of the Site and CareHomesDirect.com users.
- Target promotional messages or content on the Site, via email or other ads on CareHomesDirect.com or third party sites.
Non Personal Information
In general, we use the Non Personal Information we collect to help us improve our Services and customize the user experience, such as providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of Service you seek. We also aggregate the information collected via cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyze patterns in the use of CareHomesDirect.com.
How We Share Information
In addition to using the information collected by CareHomesDirect.com for the purposes described above, we may also share your information with various third parties, as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely, especially with respect to your Personal Data. By using our Site or our Services, you agree to allow us to share the Personal Data you provide to us in the ways described below.
Personal Data with All Site Visitors and Members: If you are a Care Seeker or a Care Provider, in order to increase your chances of finding the care you need, we share with Site Visitors and Members the information that is included in your care home search or property profile, your contact information, as well as the following registration information, which we may include in your care home search or property profile: your first name, last name, city, state, current location, photos and video. With certain exceptions, you choose how much detail you want to include in either your care home search or your property profile; the more information you share, however, the better chance you have of finding either a care home or a future resident. We may also share on your property profile any reviews, testimonials or other endorsements that have been posted on our Site and whether you have connected to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook. If you are a Care Provider and have elected to verify certain information with CareHomesDirect.com, we may also disclose that information in your property profile in addition to any payment preferences you have indicated.
In addition to the information that is provided to all visitors to CareHomesDirect.com, Care Provider reviews and references are made available to certain Members. If you are a Care Provider, your phone number will be visible to certain Members if you elect to share it in your profile. In addition, your approximate residential location (through Google map plotting) is made available to certain Members unless you elect to keep that information confidential.
If you are a Care Provider: You will appear in search result listings if you match the search criteria used by a Care Seeker. Similarly, you may appear in emails sent to Care Providers in your area. Care Providers may opt-out of being included in Care Seekers search results and in certain emails sent to Care Providers. In addition, if you are a Care Seeker and you view the property profile of certain Care Providers, those Care Providers will be able to see that you have viewed their profiles unless you opt-out of that information sharing.
If you are a Member, your online status may be made available to other Members unless you elect to keep that information confidential. If you connect to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook, we may allow any of your Facebook friends who have connected to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook to see that you are a Member. In addition, other Members who have connected to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook will be able to see if you are friends with any of their Facebook friends or if you share certain affinities or interests with them.
If we terminate your registration for any reason, we reserve the right to send a notice of your termination to other Members with whom we believe you have corresponded.
Vendors and Party Third Services Providers: We also share Personal Data with vendors who perform services on behalf of CareHomesDirect.com, including without limitation vendors who provide email services, demographic information, or geo-location information, vendors who perform background checks or verification checks, vendors who process credit card payments, vendors who run classified advertising businesses, and vendors who send SMS messages to Members’ mobile phone numbers, in each case to the extent applicable. CareHomesDirect.com has selected vendors who maintain high standards with respect to privacy and agree to use the Personal Data only to perform specific services on behalf of CareHomesDirect.com.
Public Search Engines: In an effort to further facilitate the ability for Care Seekers to find Care Providers, selected information contained in Care Seekers profiles and search criteria and Care Home profiles, which may include photos, video, first name, last name, city, state, and a description of services provided, may also be shared with third party search engines and other vendors who run classified advertising businesses, and thus may be listed in third party web site search results (e.g., Google), which would make that information available to the public and allow them to link to CareHomesDirect.com postings.
Facebook: If you connect to CareHomesDirect.com through Facebook’s API, you may elect to post certain activities on CareHomesDirect.com back to your Facebook account. You will be prompted to decide whether or not to share those activities back to your Facebook account.
Third Parties: We may share certain Personal Data, such as your name, address, email address, your age, sex, location and type of care you are looking for to third parties in the business of facilitating communications and to enable them to send you advertisements from companies whose products we believe may be of interest to you.
You acknowledge and agree that to the maximum extent permitted by law we may disclose any of the information we’ve collected about you to any of our affiliates or subsidiaries, for the purposes of providing you with the Services, operating the Site, and our other commercial purposes. We also may share your Personal Data with a third party vendors.
As required by law or for reasons of safety, you acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information we’ve collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend CareHomesDirect.com, or a third party’s, rights or property. We may also reserve the right to disclose information we’ve collected about you for purposes of protecting the health and safety of our community and Visitors and Members, such as in the case of risk of harm or violence against any person (including you).